View Single Post
Old 08-10-2004, 06:00 PM   #4
Rytorth

Rytorth is on a distinguished road
I was a staffer for a fairly short period of time and tried running a small plot.
It never really got off the ground, partly because I have a poor sense of time and wasn't on when I should have been. But it was also partly, in my opinion, because even in the early stages, I had to badger the players to get anything that resembled interest out of them. It was incredibly frustrating and it got to the point where I just didn't want to continue the plot any more because there seemed to be only a handful of players actually interested enough to contact me and say "Yes, I want be a part of the plot."
And knowing how frustrated and tired I got in the face of all that....I can't help but feel sorry for the staffers who face such indifference on a regular basis.

And there have been times when I've seen what look like really interesting plots put forward and I haven't taken part; either because I couldn't think of an IC reason, or because I was too busy with other things at the time, or other reasons.

But when I meet up with people IC'ly, I RP - that's why I logged on in the first place, after all; because I wanted to RP.
In my opinion, players shouldn't ever get to the point where they're relying on staffers alone to provide RP. You meet someone in a bar? Talk to them; pester them; start a fight with an NPC if you have to. Whatever it takes to get RP going.
Rytorth is offline   Reply With Quote