View Single Post
Old 09-14-2003, 01:58 PM   #41
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
What kind of nonsense is this? That's like saying, "Well, I'm the best basketball player in the world if you don't count all the pros, semi-pros, and college players."

Yes, I count the world wars. They were wars of naked aggression by Germany and they -utterly- dwarf anything America has ever started. Completely and without comparison. You're just as bad as a flag-waving patriot in that you have no interest in the truth, just your own propaganda.

Further, what's this nonsense about Germany being older? Germany was founded well after America was. At the beginning of the 19th century, what is now known as Germany was a huge piecemeal quilt of hundreds of little nation-states. It wasn't until 1871 that Germany became a nation-state, under the influence of Bismarck and the dominion of the Prussian King. Yes, there were people there before the Germany became a nation-state but then, there were people in the US long before it became a nation-state as well.

Sheesh, I thought you said you were a history major. This is all basic European history.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote