View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 04:27 PM   #36
Spoke

Spoke is on a distinguished road
Angry

After going through this thread there are two things clear to me:

1.- the_logos (or his Achaea team) implemented furniture in their game, making it available to players who seemingly had wanted this feature for some time. It seems like eventhough some (many?) have been paying to get some quick start/development of their characters and have not had this feature available before, some are glad this has been put in now.

2.- The idea of adding furniture to a text game is not innovative or will change the MUD's paradigm or will cause Microsoft to file for bankrupcy (sadly).

Now, rightly the_logos has used the space on advertising for players to tell everybody that a new (for their MUD at least) feature is available, he has given some links to the relevant information and that was it. Shortly after someone overstated how cool it was (but maybe they were just one of the players who just wanted the feature added for long time). After that, a string of flames about how unoriginal the idea is, how it is amazing people play pay-per-perks games, how so many free games have Hammocks you can sleep in and have had them for a while, etc etc ... it is really amazing how Logos gets immediate responses everytime he posts, I'd swear Yuki is one of his minions because it sure looks like the only goal is to keep the thread alive!

Now seriously, you all are entitled to an opinion, you can of course post it here, but I fail to see why and advertisement must have a discussion attached to it, actually, not a discussion but a flame-war attached to it.

People try to ridicule Achaea because they did not have the simplest of the things, "furniture", but you fail to realize that it is then more impressive that they are so succesful even if they overlooked these "simple things". I have not played Achaea, or any IRE game for that mater, I am actually not fond of the_logos posts most of the time, but latelly it just looks like everybody is so stupidly eager to bash whatever he says or posts that whatever he writes over here becomes in a week-long Achaea (or IRE) advertisement spree.

Contributing to the add-spree ...

... and sincerelly yours ...

Spoke.
Spoke is offline   Reply With Quote