View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 09:19 PM   #2
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Some have coded things, some have IMM-supported things, and some leave it up to the players to RP out. Personally, I would never EVER play a game where pregnancy, childbirth, and newborns were hard-coded. If I wanted to be surrounded by children, I'd have some of my own.

Also the roleplay of motherhood is SO ridiculous in most games I"ve played, where a mother will give birth, RP recuperating for a RL day while showing everyone her newborn, then toss the newborn in a coded apartment and going hunting or whatever else. In the meantime, everyone has to be subjected to the new mommy carrying her newborn into a crowded, smoke-filled bar occupied by filthy drunken smelly people, having fist-fights in the middle of the room, and mommy dearest pretends everything is just ducky with her bouncing baby object.

Kind of makes me wonder what kind of "roleplay" people are thinking about, while their newborn babies are starving to death in their apartments while mom's outside killing banshees. Motherhood is a 24/7 job, until the kid is old enough to go to school. I've rarely seen anyone play a mom realistically, where they were in "mommy mode" for at least the first game-year of their kid's life.

Nor would I want to, heh. Because realistically, that kid's going to be teething, and puking, and crapping green liquid all over the place, and if the game doesn't have the technology for disposable diapers, that mom's gonna be going through a whole lot of money buying cloth ones. And - is she going to be walking around with a pack full of disgusting filthy diapers all day, or is she going to just assume the bartender doesn't mind his wastebins filled with them?

And we won't even get into projectile vomit, which is the bane of all mothers with newborn babies.

Personally, I suggest a very heavy-handed "just say no" policy for game admins who are even considering implementing coded motherhood.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote