View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 05:44 AM   #10
Kaleisha

Kaleisha is on a distinguished road
Here's something to try ...  Evarayn.com:23

I feel I should post it here because from what you have listed I really feel that our mud can offer you all that and plenty more. We're a relatively new mud, new enough that you won't be over powered by ancient all powerful characters, but have been around long enough to iron out the creases and develop a regular playerbase.

- Has no levels.  (seems simple, yeah?)  

We do have levels, however they do not work the way you may be used to in other code based muds. Many players choose not to level at all, instead spending their time interacting with others. We have a time system, where you will accrue skillpoints which can be used to gain abilities simply by being there, this allows players the freedom to roleplay and still be able to develop their character rather than being tied down to having to bash to level. Those that do decide they wish to level can choose from activities such as performing jobs for a city guild (these are small puzzle type games) trading commodities, hunting and bashing in dungeons which are requested by the player and customized to suit their ability.

- May or may not have classes, not a big deal.

We respect that all people are different and it is those differences are what makes life interesting and varied. We offer you the choice of 23 different skillsets, all of which are available to everyone, and a further choice of 1 out of 9 profession skillsets. You are able to create your characters skills and abilities as you desire, not dictated to you by the constraints of set guild choices

- Has an OK pbase (prefer not to be alone all the time)

Currently we have an average of around 20 - 25 players, it drops, and rises throughout a 24 hour period. This is building steadily as the news of Evarayn gets out and reaches new players.

- RP...  I'd like something like an "encouraged" or such.

Evarayn is a roleplay mud, our skillpoints system has been created to allow players to rp without worrying about gaining skills. The gods and admin encourage roleplay by sparking off events or providing small mysteries for players to get involved in. However we realise that people play games to have FUN!, and even the most dedicated roleplayers like to break role from time to time and comment to a movie they saw, ask a question or mindlessly babble. We have an ooc channel for those who wish to hear it, and as with all the channels in Evarayn, it can be turned of

- And what I'm really looking for within that is a MUD that has decent support for assassins as something interesting.

We provide Assassin and Thief as profession options, Thieves can actually steal from other players ..shocking but true!.. and Assassins have access to a bounty system which allows players to place a bounty anonymously. But be warned, the player community are the ones who smith, build ships, maintain weapons .. create the cures. Be careful who you cross, you may not be able to get repairs on your prized stiletto. Be carefull who you kill, they may have been the only sage able to gift you with renewal.

At the end of the day, not all muds will suit everyone. All I can suggest is that you give Evarayn a try, and from what you have posted here it may suit you. Check out our web site and read it through to get more of a feel for what we offer. There are a few reviews by the players posted here on TMS too.

Kaleisha
Kaleisha is offline   Reply With Quote