Thread: SEX!
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 08:10 PM   #57
Shane

Shane is on a distinguished road
I think I'll start here, since you are a parser and much of what you chose to quote here and there does not really follow what I was trying to say.

One natural force that dictates clothing is harsh environment.  Once a people begin to clothe themselves, there is the effect of hiding and then revealing the naked body that differs experientially from simply being nude all the time.

That's a start, or do you deny this from the start?

A second major point regarding reproduction is of course the emotion of jealousy.  This seems instinctual to me.  It also seems to show itself in other species.

Forces like this help shape human culture, and when I speak of whatever seed started Christianity, I am not speaking here of the birth of Christ.  Rather, I am referring to whatever it is in the fabric of ongoing cultural developments that could be traced back past Christ, through Judaism, back to the religions of the region around Canaan and so forth and beyond even that to prehistory, to touch on whatever it is in the human experience that ever made Christianity viable to begin with.  What I am saying is even if you were to trace that back physically and nip it out physically, the psychology that helped to form it would remain and would simply reinsinuate itself over and over by various names until it found outlet.

Finally, regarding all the assertions that clothing and sexual taboo are not universal.  I already set my example for you all to see.  I know of cultures that vary and there's an old saying about exceptions proving the norm, but if you truly intend to argue that public nudity is not usually somewhat taboo or that sex is not usually considered rather private, I would like to see something in the way of proof rather than simple assertions that people have somehow missed the mass of civilizations past and present that tended towards totally open sexual behavior and convenience nudity.  Not just an example or two please, but something to indicate a trend, as you insist Christianity is somehow very unique in this characteristic, whereas I just do not see it.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote