View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 03:49 AM   #3
Anitra

Anitra is on a distinguished road
I think you should try 4 Dimensions.
It doesn't fill all your requirements, but then again, which Mud does?
For instance it has levels, tiers and classes. Not all players roleplay there,  it is mostly competitive, and focused on questing and trading, but the ones that do RP usually do it well. It also has PK, but it is optional.

On the other hand, among the things you asked for,  it has the most complex and detailed world I've seen anywhere, and it is a very large world too, or rather 4 different worlds.

4D is a very object-focused Mud, so most things there have a purpose, although this is not always obvious from the start. You can fell the trees, harvest the fields, pick the grapes, skin the animals, collect herbs, mushrooms, nuts and other ingredients for cooking and potion making, mine for ore and gemstones, fish and trade. Sometimes you can even milk the goats. If you get the honey from a bee hive, you are likely to be attacked by the bees, because both mobs and objects there are unusually interactive.

And above all you can explore. In 4D everything has a description, usually in several layers, and you can even look behind above and under things, or smell, taste and feel them. Not everything is apparent on first sight, you often have to look a bit extra for hidden portals or containers in a room.

Houses in 4D are expensive, paid for by Quest tokens, but once you have bought one, you can also furnish the rooms, and get yourself personalised pets, mounts, servants or slaves. You can even buy your personal car or ship, the vehicle code there is more advanced than in most Muds. Apart from the usual wagons, there are ships that you can sail in the Prehistoric Dimension, and spaceships to fly in Future. There are even pushcarts , containers on wheels.

If you go there and want a quick introduction to their special culture, apart from their very enlightening School and Quest Academy, try Carthage Bay, which is a newbie zone with a lot of detail. You'll find a shortcut to it if you go all west on Venture Way from the main Square that you land in after Char generation.

4D has an active and dedicated staff, and is 100% free.

The address to the Mud is 4dimensions.org:6000
Anitra is offline   Reply With Quote