View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
Leech

Name: John
Home MUD: The Inquisition: Legacy
Leech is on a distinguished road
A parasitic introduction.

Well, somehow, through reasons I've forgotten, it became a lot easier to get an account here. Having been a lurker for about a year (waiting for an account to get approved), I've finally gotten one, and thought I'd introduce myself.

Well, here I am. As a player of MUD, I am very into the RP scene, and actually dislike (very much) playing MUDs which aren't RP-enforced (or at least roleplay intensive). I got started in MUDs after trying to find RPGs on google, and found Iron Realms Entertainment. I played Achaea for a while, and then became more interested in horror or dark settings, and went to Aetolia. Mostly, I RPed, never having the will to learn how to script a combat system or buy credits (both of which you need to kill pretty much any other player on any IRE game). After getting bored with the lack of RP from Aetolia, I jumped to the other two, and couldn't find a good role anywhere. So I decided to move, and found Accursed Lands. I started playing there, then after quite a few problems, I have recently started going on and off there, mostly off. As I played Accursed Lands, I casually played Armageddon, but couldn't get into it. I also played Advent of the Mysts, and still do, casually (they are in alpha, but open to players, which I don't recommend to any admin because you'll be spending a lot of time busy with code. This isn't such a big problem, if you didn't give them a taste of IMM ran RP and storylines before you started to work on the code excessively, which is what AotM did).

Now, I have no MUD, but have a few that I am waiting to open, and I still eagerly await the time when Advent of the Mysts will have more available IMMs and a more complete game.

In real life, I am an amateur musician and writer. I hope to make a living by combining both of those, as I really don't see myself doing anything else, and I despise day to day, normal, jobs. I play the piano, and mess around with the guitar and bass. I'm also a horrible drummer, but hell, the drums are fun to beat around on :P. In my writing, I mostly stick to the horror genre. Edgar Allan Poe is a great influence on me.

Now, keeping in line with being a parasite (and since I've found no other place to ask at) I'd like to ask you, the community, if you know of any MUDs I would like. Keep in mind that I like dark settings, possibly even harsh (Armageddon was fun, even though it didn't keep me). Also, I'd love to be an RP-admin-type, to set up storylines and such. I'd also be willing to learn how to build and write up areas. Really, I just need something in the RP-community to keep me occupied, as currently, I have nothing.

And so, that's an end to this long introduction.
Leech is offline   Reply With Quote