View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 07:47 AM   #10
Kurdock

Home MUD: Materia Magica
Home MUD: EmpireMUD
Kurdock is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Avalon: The Legend Lives (Http:\\www.avalon-rpg.com) approaches its 25th Annivers

Hoho funny I just made an account on TMS some time ago and I managed to dig up this old thread haha. I'm not sure if its even legal to necro an old topic but meh.

So lets see ...

1) Yep you can use the furglewort herb to make the command lines go faster, and also higher up in the Scholarship skill theres an 'autolearn' ability that automates the 'LEARN SKILL FROM NPC' commands for you.

2) Getting killed is normal. Its a part of learning. We all get knocked down, but the good ones will eventually get back up. Please don't tell me you're one of those cowards who shy away from a good fight. Besides, there are mediums to ensure that those who dislike combat are allowed to enjoy Avalon with limited combat - duellist mode (only fighting in mutual challenges), and divine protection are some examples.

3) Yeah true Avalon isn't RP-enforced, and sometimes I just like to kick back, relax and chat about normal stuff. I find RP-intensive games too stressful. At Avalon I don't have to pay much attention to whether what I say and do is IC.

4) The guilds aren't reskins! They have the same skillets, but they have different alignments and affiliations, due to the fact that Avalon is composed of 4 player-run cities. Players would be very annoyed if one city had a certain type of guild and the other cities did not. Because of this, there are 'reskins' of the same guild to ensure all cities have access to that type of guild.

5) Sponsorship comes at a very low price of an in-game sort of currency called globe power. All the cities can afford to sponsor you very early, and if you go inactive, the sponsorship will just be cancelled. In fact, sponsorship wouldn't even exist if not for the admin's decision to implement it in order to bar abusive/second characters from playing.

6) The fellow newbie guild member who showed you all those quests was being rather irresponsible, in my opinion. Its also a very rare case anyway. Never in my 2 months in Avalon have I been directly shown quests, although I do ask and receive some quest hints sometimes. Even if that newbie guild member DID show you a couple of quests, there are still hundreds more for you to discover on your own

7) The emotes in Avalon are just meant to be a quick display of your thoughts/feelings at that time. Things happen very quickly and we rarely have a chance to emote out a fleshy 4-sentence action lol. But yeah, to be honest nobody really does custom emotes a lot. At most my custom emotes would be a sentence, like 'emote cheers loudly for the new school graduate' or something along the lines of that.

8) You don't really have to memorise the lore actually. I usually just read through some old archives for the fun of it and forget it the day later. There are some big events that I've always remembered tho - the Thakrian invasion of Springdale that resulted in its total destruction, for example.

And once again, so sorry for posting in this long-dead thread, I just found that dark_acacia's review was left sort of unanswered and may give wrong ideas about Avalon to the public. And I didn't want to make a new thread either And now admins feel free to lock this thread haha.
Kurdock is offline   Reply With Quote