View Single Post
Old 04-27-2002, 09:51 PM   #11
Steiner

Steiner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Steiner
Exclamation

What we've come to now is pretty much why I started this topic, and why I will in the future. I didn't start it to insult the US Military, or even get them to change their ways. I posted to get the opinions from every aspect of the subject.

I expected that some military buffs would come on here and tell me about their service and defend the military (even though I didn't really attack it.) I gave you my take as a 17 year-old teenager sitting in a classroom that deals with the recruiters and sees the different programs and tactics they use, just as you gave me your takes on what it's like in the actual service and how they deal with the personnel there. That's what it was all about.

Neranz Laverani took it personally, which I can't blame him. If I told my opinion to my Humanities teacher (who was a linguist in Vietnam and reminds us of that every day) he would probobally throw a blunt object at my head. This is a free area to discuss what you know from your perspective, however.

This is probobally going to be my final post on this topic, we've pretty much kicked the goat in every aspect.
Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote