View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 03:53 PM   #7
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
My first was a sylvan empath named Jasminepetal Neroli, on GemStoneIII back in the mid-1990's. I rerolled her to a human - warrior I think. I played her for maybe 2 years, and rolled a new character named Jazuela, and another other one named Bestatte. My mistakes were many - but there was one that sticks out.

Due to my ignorance I stuck with a hack-n-slash when I really should have tried a RPI. Unfortunately I didn't know they existed at the time and had no access to the WWW. Once I finally did get web access I was brainwashed into believing that nothing free could possibly be as good as something you pay for, and took WAY too long to consider RPIs seriously.

The good thing was, I found an outlet for my creativity I could really sink my teeth into. What I learned, was that more RP-supportive games exist elsewhere, where OOC manipulations by players were extremely limited and where the actions of your character rather than his "level" or "exp points" or how many multis you had to "spell up" your main character, was what counted most.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote