View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 11:09 PM   #11
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: Male and Female Players: Are the experiences different?

I think I misunderstood your initial question. I have a whole rant about the WoW-like "quest" system and mandatory questing. I honestly would rather camp spawns than run around doing WoW quest, but I digress. I don't know what your question is. I'm not a gigantic fan of scripts in general in mudding (I think).

Yeah. I love the combat/leveling aspects and could easily be classified as a power-leveler. However, that means that I hit max level pretty quickly. After that, I need something else to do because I can't keep pounding mobs for nothing. It's far too boring for me then. Also, the problem with WoW is there's nothing really interesting to do along the way, so leveling occupies me until I can't do it anymore. Ultimately, the game's so easy to level that I then hit a dead end and have nothing to do except for fish, which is ends up being extremely repetitive as well.

So, in the end, I'd like to have the explorer/socializing stuff to slow me down and give me something fun to do, so I don't end up at the end game saying "Wow, this is totally boring, too." I think that's why MUDs ultimately held my attention much longer since there's usually so many things to do and so many muds to pick from. However, I don't think I would have ever found muds on my own. I was recruited by two male DnD buddies who just happened to know that I loved to read and play fantasy-based games. I wonder if it's possible that men are most likely to find muds than women.
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote