View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 07:14 PM   #6
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Re: Need a mud to play

HellMOO is 6-7 years old (depending on whether you go by their TMC or TMS listing).

God Wars II, while it's been in development for 8.5 years, only opened for public beta testing just under 5 years ago - and the most recent class to be added (Titan) was added just under a year ago.

However the reason I didn't suggest it was the "no diagonal exits" thing. I have diagonal movement, but more importantly my whole movement system is coordinate-based (i.e., roomless), and players with a strong preference for standard movement invariably hate it.

It's difficult to come up with suggestions though, because you're looking for a mud with "new secrets to uncover" that's also relatively new. Content takes time to add, so generally the older the mud, the more "secrets" it'll have to uncover. Perhaps you might be able to find a mud that's recently had a pfile wipe, but there would still be older players with knowledgeof the game. A really new mud wouldn't avoid the issue either, as they'd be mostly stock, and therefore many players would have experience from similar muds.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote