Thread: [Flames]
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2003, 03:38 AM   #35
Lanthum

Lanthum is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lanthum
Yes, and when you respond, please make sure to respond to what I wrote more than refering to a typo I made (calling Europe a country instead of a continent - right after refering to all the countries in Europe).

I would really like to hear how you think comparing all European and American involvement in wars in the last 300 years makes sense, when most of the European countries have been around far longer than the USA.  Not that comparing makes sense at all - but if you are going to try to prove your stance of "Big Bad Ole USA" by way of comparison, then please at least compare each countries war involvement when they were "baby" countries like the US is.

IE:  How many wars was the Czech Rep, Russia, Germany, France, Yugoslavia, or England involved in during their first 300 years, and for what reasons?  I think you will find our reasons seem a little less barbaric.

After all ...  this shouldn't come down to a comparison of countries - but should be more based on an examination of why the US got into confrontations and if the country has largely achieved it's stated goals for those confrontations.  Because, like it or not - if the US is making the world a safer place overall one small war at a time, then it is accomplishing some of what it set out to do even if you don't agree with it.  Even if there are other hidden agendas as well!
Lanthum is offline   Reply With Quote