View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 11:05 AM   #4
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: MUD Relationships

I'm not sure this is the case exactly, but Jazuela is close enough that it should be commented on.

As the Administrator of a popular roleplay enforced game, I find this issue all too often. No one is perfect and roleplaying can be unique to the individual as well as a learned skill, however, one of the most important things to learn as a new serious roleplayer is this: You are not your character and your character is not you.

Being an actor in a textual world of serious roleplay denotes that you take actions only your character would deem appropriate. This may be the reason for Belgarath's confusing post in that he is attempting to write as his character but also elaborate as the player.

Getting back to the title of the OP's post: Mud Relationships. This is normal and happens all the time. The topic could be discussed ad naseam here but I don't think that was the OP's original intent. So to be brief. Keep your IC relationships IC and OOC relationships OOC and you will be happy.

And never forget: You are not your character, your character is not you.

Enjoy!
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote