View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 07:11 AM   #218
Hadoryu

Hadoryu is on a distinguished road
Don't you usually have to bring forth the reasoning behind your opinion during a discussion? 'flat out inaccurate' why?

You never addressed any of the points I raised, yet you continue to make counter claims.

The points you did raise were irrelevant, here's a list:
That is untrue - people are limited timewise and are in most cases not on equal footing. I'm not limited to 24 hours - I'm limited to 3 hours maximum. My brother who still goes to school is limited to 6 hours. The effect of this is that if we were to both play the same 'fair' MUD, he would have a 200% advantage.

Pardon me? There isn't? I'm fairly sure there's a limit on how much money you can spend - it's the amount of money you possess. I suppose Bill Gates could own every single artifact a IRE MUD has to offer, but I think we could write him off as an exception. The funny thing is he still wouldn't actually be any good at PVP unless he gets the MS team to code him a fighting system.

You seem to be implying that competing for resources is somehow relevant to how much of an advantage you can have if you pay for yours. The fact is that you can't buy gold or experience in IRE. You can buy credits and they don't translate to any sort of raw resource.

That's really rather offensive. If you're really interested in knowing how I got to where I am I'll be happy to tell you though - I gathered gold by 'ratting' (a quest that lets you kill rodents and exchange the corpses for money) and I bought credits for the gold.
Hadoryu is offline   Reply With Quote