View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 04:50 AM   #9
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
I think it all started with Greek mythology for me and then spread to other world mythologies. I was very, very, very intrigued by what could have inspired people to invent these great stories and what these great stories represented. In addition, I've always wondered how these stories managed to last for thousands of years as compared to the ones that must surely have been lost.

Then, I got involved in text computer gaming. (Zork and other Infocom games, anyone?) What an innovative way to tell a story! I have to admit that "Plundered Hearts" was my favorite Infocom game. I was really interested in what the heroine (the person you played) was up to and what motivated her. Then came King's Quests and Might and Magic!

Then I started writing fictional stories in school and reading eveyrthing I could get my hands on. Next came college with a Bio and English major and IRC! Then, finally, in law school, I found MUDs via some of my real life friends. and I logged onto Threshold. So, my first (and current) mud was an RP enforced mud with a crazy admin. I jumped straight into RPing, and learned to mud around that concept. It was a pretty nice relief to be able to roleplay without someone saying, "Hold on. I gotta go get some Cheetohs." which is what I experienced commonly with my DnD group or my IRC group. (Not that I don't still love table-top gaming.)

The end!
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote