View Single Post
Old 08-06-2003, 07:28 PM   #13
Tony

Tony is on a distinguished road
With this article I definitely see where Jenred is coming from, and I can understand the comment about the "Evolve or stay with a minimal pbase".

The big HnS MUDs are few compared to the total number of HnS MUDs in existance. Just doing a search here on TMS, for Roleplaying Allowed, and the 'None' option for Roleplaying returned 367 matches. Of the top 20 (Big Pbase or big voting, since they are top 20) there are ten 'Encouraged', nine 'Mandatory', and one 'Accepted'. And the one that's 'Accepted' is at the bottom of the Top 20. Looking at that, Jenred seems right. I can't pretend to have played many of the Top 20, but from how they describe themselves, these MUDs have moved towards the roleplaying aspect, and are therefore getting bigger pbases and voting turnouts. Oh yeah, this is just in reference to our Text MUDs, not the subrace of MMORPGs.

As far as the rest of the article, I agree, numbers, names, levels, channels. Is all that going on in Feudal Realms too? Thusfar I've only seen one MUD that does all of that. (Like I said, I don't get around much)
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote