View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 01:38 PM   #23
Shane

Shane is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a little hessitancy based on fear to me. I wonder how "niche" the market really is for games where real effort is made to shut down cheats? Sites like that one could be shut down just on the merits of that service you were referencing earlier in the Diku thread, Logos.

Straight up, one of the several reasons I have not been terribly tempted to play those games, the whole set of graphic mmorpg's, is that almost from the get go they developed a reputation for being impotent against cheats, and frankly I have no desire to compete against people who are cheating.

The games can be played fine just for the enjoyment of the graphics and game play I am sure, but there needs to be some way to play the games for people who really are interested in head to head competition before a certain part of the game market is going to be interested. Maybe I represent a fairly tiny minority on that concern though. Like you say, even the people who complain still play. But, what if they had a choice? Some competitor who took it more seriously?

I really think in the long run it would be a good move for someone to put out an mmorpg that does indeed actively try to shut those down that cheat the game for real cash profit.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote