View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 11:41 AM   #23
ruckus

Home MUD: retromud.org:3000
ruckus is on a distinguished road
Re: What makes the perfect _Necromancer_?

Good, I'm glad I've understood most of it so far. I think there's been a lot of interesting discussion so far and helpful things that can go into my rewrite of the guild.

Here's a different question then: How would YOU roleplay your necromancer character?

My necromancer would be somewhat "fallen from grace" perhaps a brilliant scientist at one point, or a promising prodigy at least, who became obsessed with the technical inner-workings of the body. He now uses all of his intelligence and knowledge to work at understanding every last detail of that which makes life - and how to control it. He is not evil, though his reputation has been tainted by the immoral view of failed human experimentation. His successes, too, are often maligned by the masses as monsters and abominations. A select group, however - who have themselves blurred the lines of acceptability - see the value in his work. He works closely with them and reciprocates their backing with support from his creations. He is also still active in the global scientific community, though his opinions are weighed much less important than they once were.

What about you? Apart from specific abilities, what would be (or has been) the story of your necromancer?
ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote