View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 01:18 PM   #8
Estarra

Home MUD: Lusternia
Estarra is on a distinguished road
Re: Creating Game History

Admittedly, I find the categories confusing and there never seems to be a consensus on what they mean. Anyway, I always say that Lusternia is RP encouraged, which I take to mean that we encourage players to RP and discourage them with small punishments if the go OOC in public venues (city channels, for example). We do not, however, force people to RP in certain ways (i.e., you are evil so you must abide by these RP guidelines).

No.

The history and background was very important to me. I wrote the cosmogenesis of the world which was brief, and also included some brief histories on the divine which were called the Elder Wars and Vernal Wars. However, the main emphasis of the background revolved around the , where I basically wrote a series of archived documents that told the story about the fall of an ancient empire and the release of a great evil that changed the landscape of the world. Before Lusternia was released, I posted the empire histories on an MSN group which generated a great deal of enthusiasm and I think was at least partially responsible for our huge success on opening.

I honestly don't remember as that's a chicken or egg question. I knew Lusternia would be set on the ruins of a collapsed empire that was ravaged by a great evil but whether the setting came first or the idea for the history came first is a bit fuzzy for me.

Lusternia's history absolutely was specifically designed to be integrated into the games themes, and events even to this day (5 years after opening) often revolve around the history.

I can only point back to the which has multiple viewpoints and commentary of political, social, economic and religious natures.
Estarra is offline   Reply With Quote