View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 03:28 AM   #1
spacelike

spacelike is on a distinguished road
Connectivity in MUD games?

I've tried a few MUD's but never seemed to stick with one long enough to really see what they have to offer later in the game.
and I've been wondering why this is, especially in ones that seem to have a lot of the features I thought I wanted.

However, I think I finally figured out what the problem was. I'm just not sure how connected players actually are in these games.
Is it possible to form parties? Decent sized groups of people and go fight a boss together? How often does this sort of thing happen?
Are there PvP muds with a community behind it with competition and a friendly atmosphere? Team PvP?
Do clans ever do events where all the members of a clan meet in one spot and do something?

My experiences with MUD's so far have told me that a game doesn't need graphics to be good, some of the games I found very engaging, but it felt like I was playing a solo game with a chatroom. I could talk to other players but wasn't really playing with anyone.

[EDIT] I just realized I might get a lot of "hardcore roleplaying" game suggestions because that would have more community interaction.
I'm not against that, however I'm a bit afraid of intensive roleplay to be honest. I would feel more comfortable if the interactions were centered around game mechanics.
But all suggestions are welcome.
[/EDIT]
spacelike is offline   Reply With Quote