Thread: Defense
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 07:45 AM   #8
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Much improved. Now I can actually comment on what you said, rather than the existence of the wall of text!

Let's see:

First, kudos for acknowledging that you came into this forum, a veritable noob, and interrupted a rather serious discussion with silly bouncy giggly happy smurf-speak. Kudos for appreciating why it wasn't appreciated.

Second, what the heck is gigglefall? Is that like a waterfall with giggling smurfs falling down from the top? Remember please, this isn't a MUSH or MUD, it's a forum. We don't have a verblist here in this forum. It's always a good idea, if you wish to be taken seriously, to avoid using faux emotes in a public forum (though the occasional <smirk> is always entertaining).

Third, feeding trolls is never a good idea, because you end up dropping to their level and annoying everyone in the process. Some folks here get their jollies by attacking each other. Some attack each other only when they are seriously offended by something. And some prefer to just lurk and be amused and avoid the line of fire.

Bear in mind, the moment you step into the firepit, you become a target. Topmudsites can be brutal that way. If your asbestos suit is at the tailor's for repair, or if you walk into the firepit because you didn't bother to open your eyes and notice it was there, then you've only yourself to blame when the flames start boiling your skin.

It's a fun place here, but what constitutes "fun" is vastly different from many of the muds our members play. Giggling happy bouncy smoochy types usually get trampled. I get my beatings on occasion, and I'm about as anti-giggle as it gets. You learn to either take the beatings, or stay out of heated discussions, or say your piece and bite your tongue and absolutely positively refuse to take the bait when someone attacks your post.

Good luck and welcome to the 7th layer of Suk-krath's fiery pits of h311!
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote