View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 11:46 PM   #40
Darren Brimhall

Darren Brimhall is on a distinguished road
Re: What turns people from RP?

In responce to Shadowfyr, concerning Goreian Themes in Second Life.

I have a friend who plays a slave girl there (the proper name for such escapes me at the moment), and she's indicated that if one become uncofortable with the 'action' occuring the other player will 'back off' from the attempt.

But sadly, as in any game, there are those who wont back off and would demand that the play continue because 'you' consented to being a slave here in the first place--now suffer the concequences.

Fortunately, you can leave the area for another one in Second Life--even cut off all communication with those who are abusive. Even build your own place, as she intends to do.

And there are many 'colorful' ways of retaliation; like your own fully equipted ICBM (only $1000L) or the smaller briefcase nuke ($1200L) that can really ruin the abusive players day--as can having contact with Staff Builders there, as she does, also helps out a great deal.

But what can keep players interested in RP is having the Game in questioned staffed by a dedicated group whos not only are commited to fairness, but are also willing to help players out with their problems while keeping them at arms length to avoid corruption and favorism--two major factors I consider that drive people away from Rping.

Darren Brimhall
Darren Brimhall is offline   Reply With Quote