View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #142
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: RPI, RPE, and Roleplay

In the light of fairness and keeping a thread from being derailed, I bring the following post from Jazuela over to this thread. The proper thread for spotlighting the inconsistancies in the RPI group. For some background, this comes from the thread where a player is trying to find a new MUD to play. He tries out Armeggedon but can't figure out some of the commands (not suprisingly):
Excuse me? Armeggedon has OOC right in the game? Some green haired man is talking in ooc right in a tavern in front of the whole intensive roleplay. I boggle at this. Someone explain to me how this keeps the sanctity of roleplay in tact.

Next we have an example of how SOI handles OOC:
An ooc gnome shows up to help people in Game? No offense Jazuela, but I seem to remember you ripping on RPE games that had ooc "channels". Okay, sorry, but it is much better to have a tunable ooc channel where you never come out of ic no matter what than an ooc gnome popping into the game and completely destroying the environment.

Just another example of why RPI is a term that defined as a single category of games. Unless, RPI denotes any game where you can break into ooc anytime you want, which would mean that all RPI's are not RPE's because we do not allow such breaking of character in the game environment.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote