Thread: Seeking Writers
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 12:23 AM   #7
Maldrantus

Maldrantus is on a distinguished road
Re: Seeking Writers

Yes, contributors will certainly be compensated for their work on a reward per contribution scale (ie, one story = 10 reward, one room description = 2, etc). This will be counted mechanically so staff members can check their current pay at any time. The exact amounts paid has not been determined because I'm not brainstorming on the things that can be bought for real money until the game is nearing it's completion. I don't want the pay for perks system to begin to change my design of the game itself, essentially.

Currently, I'm deciding between two code bases and am not at a point that I want to announce it yet, although it will be public as soon as I come to my conclusion. I can say that both code bases are modern, the older of the two only being about two years old, and are vastly superior to other code bases on the market in many ways.

I hope to be able to include graphical support for space and combat, but it is not high on the priority list and may not be included before the game releases. The game will be fully featured with absolutely no client-side graphical support and having graphics will offer no real advantage. However, I do plan on crafting a Mudlet GUI with various components using the Vyzor system that will be free for players at the launch. Again, however, this is very low on the priority list and is not necessary (as in-game ASCII characters will be able to handle any overly complex information) and may not receive full-time support.

Last edited by Maldrantus : 01-23-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Maldrantus is offline   Reply With Quote