View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
swampdog

swampdog is on a distinguished road
Wayfar 1444: a procedurally generated space colony MOO set in the far distant future

Hello friends,

A long time ago Dwarf Fortress came out, and I played a moo called . A couple of years later I started my own multiplayer dwarf fortress space colony game. Dwarf Fortress really made me want to do a procedurally generated project, and I noticed a distinct lack of cutting edge, or even barely awesome space MOO/MUDs. With help from the hellmoo admins, and their permission to use a version of their database, I started work on my third personal game project.

I have reached alpha completion on a sci fi MOO, . It's kind of a , campy/far future sci fi game that I've been working on for about a year. Things that are working as of now include , , , & , vehicles, , turrets, , player owned & buildings, , procedural wildlife and resources, and a unique dice pool based .

I'll be monitoring this thread, and can be reached with feedback in game at wayfar1444.com 7777 or via the google group, or over in the on SA. Be aware it is alpha - so while the basic mechanics are done there's tons of content missing and in progress. Hellmoo took a staggering 10 years to become as excellent as it is and you will notice the polish difference, but I've kept all the modern features and even extended them a little bit. I figure it's not going to get any more online than it is now and I may never be able to complete every awesome feature I'd like to add. I'd love to have some droogs check it out and give feedback, or feel free to hang out and chat~ I think anyone who has played Hell/Hate will enjoy my take on badmins.

If you're expecting emotional administration, favoritism, general drama, or power trips, you won't find them here. As the primary dictator-coder I run a tight ship and have applied some of the thoughts I've had playing games for a decade to reduce the the potential for abuse.
swampdog is offline   Reply With Quote