Thread: non-mudders
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 12:15 AM   #11
Earthmother

Home MUD: GateWay MUD
Earthmother is on a distinguished road
If I had money:

I would buy advertising time on Adult Swim. I would wrangle out a way to make 'bumplike' reading bits, maybe green text on the black background (muahaha) and promote that SOOOO many muds are free! And, if you can read these bumps, you would enjoy mudding.

As for literacy: Gah. Have you people *looked* into chatrooms/forums lately??? /me cries. I am Ms. Rhetoric, no data in my corner.. but sheesh. Pathetic, as far as grammar, spelling, and any kind of thought construction.

However: The Internet *is still* a mostly text-based medium. Text is how people communicate, and communicating, shouting "Look at MEEEEE!" is what blogs, chatrooms, and forums are all about. Yes, the standards are a LOT lower than MUDding forums. Yes, people who consistently misspell and use extremely poor grammar often tag themselves as "typo- or grammar- Nazi." Yes, so much is dumbed down that it hurts to go there.

They are still writing. They are still reading.

They are out there. AdultSwim bumps are popular. People love 'em. And guess what... you've gotta read them. /me shrugs.

--EM, dumbed down wit the rezt of 'em
Earthmother is offline   Reply With Quote