View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
Menlar

Menlar is on a distinguished road
Looking for builders and idea people

Background: I'm a developer, I like to program. I've been a HUGE fan of MUDs since I discovered them forever ago. I've tinkered with creating a couple of MUDs in the past, and they always fell down the drain because of a major lack of support or any level of communal interest. That being said, I'm looking to create a MUD that I will share publicly, that will ideally be able to run on a thumb drive for most laptops. My ultimate vision is to have the MUD being used in a variety of places, with a group of different communities. For example, someone could set up an Ubuntu live cd at their office, stick in a USB drive, and run the MUD from there - now the office has their own MUD they can play. Members of the military, someone running an open wifi connection, etc. - they could all run their own copy of the MUD. This may have been done already, since I haven't looked into it at all, but, I still have my personal passion for coding.

As of right now, I'm using QuickMUD that I saved forever ago. Why? Because I want to -- But seriously, in my experience it's the most friendly to the broadest audience, and it came preconfigured with all the features I view are necessary in any MUD.

What I Need: I need people who can build and create the actual virtual world. This is a huge part of the game, particularly the balancing of things and all of that. I understand that creating an online world isn't easy. If I can find someone who's excited, committed, and flexible - that would be amazing. What more could you ask for?

Also, I need someone to just bounce ideas off of, to suggest ideas, to help guide the way. I haven't experienced a LOT of MUDs, but I did get very well acquainted with a few. I don't have the breadth of knowledge that some of you have. Even if you're just there to chat and test things with me, that's absolutely amazing.

What's In It For You: Well, the whole self validation crap is there. Depending on where you live, we might be able to meet up and do people things. If you'd like some form of compensation, please, let me know. I'm game for anything.

How to get in touch: You can Private Message me on here, I just finished setting up a for a less committed input (and to see where I'm taking the idea on a daily basis), or e-mail me at

Edit: Also added the "" page on the website

Last edited by Menlar : 06-09-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Menlar is offline   Reply With Quote