Thread: RP Pet-peeves
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 06:50 PM   #4
Jherlen

Jherlen is on a distinguished road
Jazeula:
*applause* I was hoping I wasn't the only person who got annoyed by that. It's so easy to pick those people out, too, and usually its the same couple people behind all of the characters. No matter what race/class/guild/align whatever their character is, they're always described as being some kind of Playboy centerfold. Anytime I see anything in a desc about supple breasts or long legs or swaying hips, I get tweaked out.

The ask around IC bit: It depends on the person and situation and what they're asking for, really. I have no problem telling someone where a place to RP or a newbie shop or a basic teacher is, if they're trying to get adjusted to the game. But I wouldn't want to give someone directions to the Hidden Keep of Hardtofindness, or tell them who teaches the Kill Everyone In One Word spell. Those things definitely should be kept IC.

My personal pet peeve: RP drama queens. These are the people who've decided their character has some sort of supernatural powers, or has found some kind of great power, or is the only person who can save the world from Tragedy X, or is just somehow more special and significant than the rest of the players in some way. It gets annoying when these people invent their own plotline to make their character some kind of hero. It gets really annoying when they start RPing this plotline out in their clique, and excluding anyone else from even knowing what's going on. And when the IMMstaff starts sanctioning these kinds of things and lending weight to the whole thing, people on the outside tend to feel less favored. That sort of RP drives me away from a MUD faster than anything else.
Jherlen is offline   Reply With Quote