View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
gruevy

gruevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Single User Dungeon

I've always wanted to make what would ultimately amount to an interactive novel. Describing it as a single user dungeon gets the point across, since that would be the interface and gaming experience, but rather than focusing on combat and balance, etc, like muds do, it would focus primarily on story, quests, triggers, dialogue, etc. Combat would not be limited to secondary importance, of course; I just mean that world building wouldn't stop at room description. I would like to have your actions matter in interactions with any mob in the game, as well as having lots of puzzles, etc. Think of it as part zork/MUD, part neverwinter nights, part elder scrolls.

Does anyone think this would be fun? Would anyone play it if it existed? Would it gather much attention from the typical RPG crowd?

Ideally, you would play it in a browser, as well. What should it be programmed in? Would it be better to use dikumud or whatever, and have it as a downloadable file? Questions. Lots of questions. Any thoughts/answers?
gruevy is offline   Reply With Quote