View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #47
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Re: FYI Mudconnector forums shut down

I offered to either buy TMC from Andrew or donate a similar sum to a charity of his choice, and then to put real work into revitalizing TMC (goodness knows, the site design and forum software desperately needs it). Apparently I was too late though, as he told me he's already got someone(s) he's working with to pass it along to.

I hope whoever it is is willing and able to put real resources into it rather than just let it languish as it's done for quite a long time. Andrew ran a great site, but it's been a long time since he's been involved, as he himself would no doubt admit.

Also, for those of you who think he stopped caring a long time ago, I'm not really sure that's true. For instance, when we stopped advertising there, he lost most of his income from the site, and subsequently stopped accepting advertising. We offered to buy it from him but he decided to just keep running it anyway, saying he was too attached with it to part with it (and not like we were offering him half a million dollars for it or anything either).

That was 18 months ago or so, maybe 2 years, and he may have had a change of heart, but certainly at that point my impression was that however uninvolved he was, he still placed a lot of personal value on the site.
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote