View Single Post
Old 08-15-2003, 11:31 PM   #4
Estarra

Home MUD: Lusternia
Estarra is on a distinguished road
Just as an observation, although I don't read all the recent reviews, I've found that most reviews that I do read seem to fall into two categories: (1) those with a grudge against a particular MUD and go out of their way to trash it, or (2) those who are only interested in hyping a MUD. Since it is my understanding that reviewers are not dedicated TMS reviewers (rather, anyone can write a review), the majority of reviews end up being from players (or admins) who have a stake (either positive or negative) in publicity, which makes me question the usefulness of these reviews. I notice that in the review dialog box, it states, "Negative reviews will be removed unless they fully explain their reasons and leave a valid email address, as will reviews that have little or no substance to them." But, as Brody pointed out, as a practical matter, the time constraints on the admins probably prevent close scrutiny, especially on a free service.

That's not to say I haven't read some well though out, balanced reviews. Indeed, I have. But I certainly understand why some MUDs choose to forego the option of receiving reviews.
Estarra is offline   Reply With Quote