Thread: GUI snippet
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #28
scandum

scandum will become famous soon enough
Re: GUI snippet

I wasn't sure whether to start a new thread for this, but figured to post this here as the subject is identical.

I finished work on MTH 1.4, a public domain telnet / protocol handling snippet this week and it's now available for download .

MTH 1.3 (released April 6, 2009) added support for NAWS, TTYPE, NEW-ENVIRON, MCCP, and MSSP. The MCCP implementation might be of interest to some because it uses 32K of memory per player, instead of the 138K used by most MCCP implementations.

MTH 1.4 adds support for EOR, MSDP, MTTS, Arachnos, and xterm 256 colors.

follows specification and should work with KaVir's MUSHClient plugin. In addition the MTH snippet has a walkthrough for implementing the ROOM variable, which combined with this provides you with a status bar and fully automatic automapping. Not a whole lot of eye candy, but it's very effective, and will work with any other client that can parse MSDP and has an OOB mapper.

is a standard I created to negotiate terminal capabilities to the server. It's currently only supported by TinTin++, and in MTH it's used to detect 256 color support, and can be used to detect ANSI, VT100, UTF-8, and SCREEN READER support as well. MTTS is very easy to add both client and server side, unlike other alternatives.

is an MSDP based Intermud network. Arachnos is relatively easy to implement for any MSDP enabled MUD. Instead of the traditional Intermud systems where you connect your MUD to a central server, an Arachnos spider connects to your mud using the normal connection, then uses MSDP to receive and transmit chat messages. Intermud gaming spiders are a likely future addition as anyone can create and run a spider. More information is available in the spec.

MTH extends the classic 16 color ANSI color system to a 32 color system using xterm color codes. ANSI supports 6 primary, 6 secondary, and 4 gray-shade colors. MTH adds the 12 , and 4 gray-shade colors. A stand alone version of the color snippet and a screenshot is available . The code also supports color code compression.

Enjoy.
scandum is offline   Reply With Quote