View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 05:08 PM   #3
Viriato

Home MUD: Iberia MUD
Viriato is on a distinguished road
Re: Card game "wrapper" (UI) for Iberia MUD

Hi.
You should watch de YouTube video! Currently I have a bug in websocket server so playing Iberia via site client is not working (until I fix the bug).
I use MSDP protocol for exchange data between server and client. With MXP, "normal" clients that know the protocol will show you the options in a standard way, like hiperlinks and context menus on mouse right click. With MSDP I can exchange data and manipulate it easily in client side. For instance, when a connection from Iberia MUD client is detected, in each player character movement, the "map" data is automatically exchanged and map is automatically updated in client.
As it was only a proof of concept, I've used some free artwork or artwork made by some of our players (like our logo). All weapons have the same image, all armours a different image but all the same, etc. That's controlled on client side so yes: when I eventually have a specific image for a specific object, it should show it in spite of generic one.
Those images are only the top of the card. In the bottom, it shows the item/NPC/PC/terrain description. You can drag and drop the cards and with mouse right button you access a menu of options. If is an item you can get it if on ground, wear it if is an armour and is in your inventory, kill an NPC/PC, eat if is food, etc, etc. In spite of type the directions of your movent, you have a compass with available directions that you can click to move... Again, please watch YouTube video to better understand Again, all via MSDP.
Regards,
Viriato is offline   Reply With Quote