View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #2
ww_crimson

Home MUD: Aarchon
ww_crimson is on a distinguished road
Re: Is your game still fun?

As an admin/IMM, I still find it fun to work on our MUD. I enjoy improving it and hope that it allows others to get the same level of enjoyment out of it that I have.

As a player, I still find the game enjoyable as well. I would say we don't have a super complex world but it's given me 15 years of entertainment.

I've tried playing quite a few other games in the past few years and I just can't really find much enjoyment in modern games compared to mudding. I've tried:

Torchlight II
Guild Wars 2
Diablo 3
Starcraft 2
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Skyrim

and at least 2-3 others.. The only one that I am still interested in at all is Starcraft 2. I feel like most modern games require too much of a time investment, or they lack replayability. This is of course, my own opinion.

I guess I'd be inclined to agree with your overall statement though. If you don't like what you're playing, try something new. We've lost a few players over the last 3 months because they weren't happy with the changes that we were making. At the same token, we are now hitting 15-20 players online almost every day because of the changes we've been making. At one point we only had 8 on during peak hours. So yea, some people need to explore new territory I think to keep things fresh.
ww_crimson is offline   Reply With Quote