View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 10:18 PM   #115
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: Guidelines for an RPI mud.

There already is a name for it. Unfortunately a few voices here don't like the name and want it changed. Most members of this forum haven't cared enough to offer an opinion one way or another. Several people have stated that it -has been- this name for many years, and have even pointed to posts from years ago to cite actual sources of its use. Several people have used the same sources to remind us that even then, the term wasn't liked, or accurate, or whatever. Whether or not it was liked, or accurate, or whatever else, it IS what was used then, and has been used up until now, and is still used now.

And yet, a very loud minority of the forum wants it changed. The vast majority doesn't think it's important enough to voice an opinion, and a very loud minority is happy with the status quo. Personally, I'm lazy. I'd rather just leave it how it is, because I don't feel like having to learn a new term for something that already has a term, unliked as it might be by that vocal minority.

Call them "Purple and Pink Polka-Dotted Games" if it floats your boat. I'll just keep calling them RPIs, because that's what they've BEEN called for over a decade, and I started playing them more than half a decade ago, and I'm stuck in my ways and have no inclination of changing them now at my old, addled age.