View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 03:49 PM   #20
Stella

Stella is on a distinguished road
If you don't like color all you have to do is say no when the mud asks you if your client supports ANSI and it is funner when you hero because you don't have to exp. You can go on dragon lairs, trade runs, serpent hunts, build clantowns, lead a CPK stake, go PK with clannies/friends and there are new stuff added daily.

There's always plenty to do in Medievia and plenty of people to do it with. Of course Medievia can get boring (just like any other game) but only if you keep doing the same thing over and over again like exping.

Muds are meant to be a social environment where people interact and Medievia provides plenty of opportunities to do exactly that. They have shouts, tells, clan/town channels, a immortal channel for heroes and gods and a channel just for newbies where they can get help from gods and avatars.

Have you ever been to a CPK stake with over 30 people? To a dragon lair with 19 people? Been pked while exping and had clannies come help avenge you?

Sure it can get spammy but you can brief spells/combat, turn off the channels and if you really don't like the map just turn it off. People do read room descriptions, otherwise you won't be able to solve zones but there are lazy people who would rather read a walkthrough than spend hours solving a zone and it's the same with the autoquests.

You also have to remember what makes humans human is the fact that we're all different with different likes/dislikes. Maybe Medievia isn't for roleplayers but it's a great place to socialize and relax because maybe, just maybe the people playing Medievia don't want to roleplay or worry about the consequences of dying and being OOC. But if you are brave and want to experience the thrill of Pking/CPKing you can go into PK areas where you lose nothing but your dignity or go into CPK areas where you can lose an entire level and get stripped clean.

You don't have to spend a dollar out of your pocket to get donation equipment. You can ask other players to buy it for you for ingame money or join a bloodline who can buy it for you if you hero for them. If you can't kill something by yourself get friends/clannies to help you, I've always loved the group activities on Medievia.

Virtual realities aren't that different from reality, nothing is fair and if you want something you have to work hard for it. The only difference is at the end of the day you have to face reality.

I have played dozens of MUDs listed here and I still go back to Medievia, I've played over 2000 hours. There will always be good times and bad times but you have the option to leave and quit.

I know it's bad to take what isn't yours and claim it is but it happens to all of us. If the gods that run Medievia can't be the bigger people maybe you can by moving on. I don't know about other people but bashers turn me off. It doesn't matter whos right or wrong, if you have to resort to name calling and bashing you are just as bad.

It's better to find something you like and spend your time enjoying it than being bitter and spending every ounce of energy you have advertising about what you hate.
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote