View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 08:35 AM   #95
Shane

Shane is on a distinguished road
"1) At which point does it stop being a discussion? I'm pretty sure nothing new is being said, in fact, Donathin said it was actually 'lobbying'. Is that a proper use of the forum?"

It never stops being a discussion. A person can lobby for change through discussion, much as you are trying to lobby for a change of topic on this thread rather than starting one of your own. It certainly does not stop being a discussion due to length.

"2) So how many times do you rehash something before it becomes 'a new suggestion'? Synozeer knows about what's being suggested already - the forum's served it's purpose."

The most obvious point is that the forum is not labelled "new suggestion" forum. Aside from that, new people can sometimes have new things to say about an old suggestion.

Just as you say that the website owner knows of the suggestion, I feel fairly sure he also knows about the ongoing debates regarding it.

But these answers are all too obvious. Yet again I implore you, instead of trying to control other people's topics of interest, why not go and read or start topics of your own, and leave people alone who want to discuss something of no interest to you. There really is NO problem with that from any sector. You are free at ANY time to stop messing with this thread and go deal with other ones.

Seriously.... not to be combative or anything, just up front, what is your issue with people posting notes on a forum about muds that deals with marketing and business model information for muds? How can you take issue with that, even if it has been going on for ages? Who cares if it has been going on for ages? Why do YOU care if it has been going on for ages?
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote