View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 06:48 PM   #82
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Having to give up information makes something not free? Weird. I wonder if there's anyone else in the world that shares your view.

I'm pretty sure that the internet reaches the whole world and given that some frequent posters here (like Kavir) are not American, who cares whether the average American will pay for those or not? The average American wouldn't ever play a text MUD. And?

Your attack on Koreans is incredibly ignorant and mildly racist. South Korea is a highly developed, highly educated, highly "wired" country.

This is what I said: - Google (Go ahead and search for 'free game' for instance and note the ads that come up for games that are free to play but offer the opportunity to pay extra for whatever. Google ads are patrolled, incidentally, and they shut down ads that make false claims.)

There is not an intelligent way to disagree with that, because searching for 'free games' on google brings up RealArcade. Real Arcade is one of the top games sites on the internet, and it operates a business model whereby you can play for free, but can pay to gain access to more options.

If you don't believe me, just google up "free games" and watch Real Arcade's ad come up. That there are other games that advertise themselves as free and use a different business model doesn't change the fact that Google, which moderates its ads, recognizes that RealArcade can validly claim to offer free games, even though you have the opportunity to pay for more options.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote