Thread: Bragvertising
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2002, 08:47 AM   #42
Caledric

Caledric is on a distinguished road
All that has been asked is for you to present a game that has BOTH run longer and is bigger both in terms of game size AND in terms of player base.

I've searched the web, the only games that are bigger are the new flavor of the month graphical rpgs. Yes there are a good many games just as old and maybe a slight bit older then the simu games, but none of them can even come close to presenting as expansive a game or playerbase as simutronics. The Largest game after simutronics that I've found is Dragon's gate, their numbers at peak time are lower then the simutronics games at low-peak time.

This doesn't make the game better however, I've played Dragon's Gate and a few of the other Muds out there. They each have their own flavor and attract a different type of playerbase and are all great games in their own right.

However these facts do support and make certain that those quotes are in fact true, and the only way you can really argue with them is to break up the quote into several other quotes, which in turn nullifies your entire argument.
Caledric is offline   Reply With Quote