View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 11:52 AM   #127
Asaudan

Asaudan is on a distinguished road
Guys, this isn't a flame-thread -- it's a promotional thread. There's an endlessly repeating pattern at work, here, and it goes like this:

The leading event:

Matt: Guys (le sigh), I'm sick of you messing up the forum with your flames, flames, flames against me, so I'm starting a thread with my company's name in the caption for you to keep at the top.

The cycle:

Personage X: I'm sick of you guys flaming Matt all the time. I'm a player at his games, but that's not why I'm defending him. By the way, Matt, my username at Achaea is yourstruly. Wink.
Personage A: I do not like Matt, and also, he is evil.
Personage B: I agree with what has just been said. His false advertising makes him rather villainous.
Personage X: Your claim, good sir B, is ridiculous. Charging for MUDs is no different from, say, charging for sex.
Personage D: Does that make Matt a whore?
Matt: You insult me personally, you retarded person. I remind you that I am the victim, and that regardless I do such good things. Ah, I am flamed. Flamed! and it hurts me so, and therefore must I make some inquiry as to which mental handicap you are partaking of, so that you would reply and keep this thread at the top. No offense, of course.

Give it a month, and you see that all over again.

No-one should post in this topic. Matt-haters, you shouldn't post in this thread because you're doing him a huge favour in allowing him to play victim and reply to you in his condescending-yet-strangely-benevolent tone. And he will, because it's a sound business-move. Matt-lovers, you shouldn't reply either -- especially if you're going to jump into conclusions drawn from your own paraphrasing or suggest that people shouldn't flame Matt in the thread which only has that purpose, and with what appears to be his permission. No-one will think you're cool, anymore. Do you think I'm cool? Well, there you have it.

Just so none of you have to ask: Matt, I hate your internet persona. I think he's a real douche, who employs mafia-like strongarming tactics and then wears innocent sky-blue to court. In real life, you may be the best ****ing person ever. Who knows?

Who cares?

I just wish you'd drop the good cop -act.
Asaudan is offline   Reply With Quote