Thread: SEX!
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 04:24 PM   #72
Tim

Tim is on a distinguished road
As I said, you will obviously want to devalue Father Brien’s comments. He is an informed well-educated individual who must adhere to the mechanism of pier review. Something you obviously are very intimidated by.

The point remains however that the racist ideology that we Ahnishnabek did not have a cohesive culture or a body politic is flatly incorrect, despite what you might find splashed about the Internet or what gives you personal satisfaction to think.

The fact that Christianities morally bankrupt view on sex has poisoned the indigenous cultures of the America’s is again a signpost I am sure you will continue to argue with.

The point however, is that your Puritanical views on modesty are not common to cultures outside the influence of the Christian Church. In fact, they are not even common to early Christians.

The fact that a cohesive indigenous culture comprising of no less than one quarter of the American continent did not agree with, support, or act in a manner consistent with your fallacious belief in human nature is just a bit more than you can stand and as such you cast about for any life raft of denial. Additionally, the fact that many other Indigenous cultures acted more in accordance with the Ahnishnabek than with your Puritanical Christian faith buries your argument entirely.

On the point of Wikipedia, take a college class sometime. Try using it as source to support any writing you do in that class (much like you are doing here) see what kind of grade that gets you. Before you go off on the oppressive nature of “the man” … an analogy might be to get a serious infection and rub grass in it instead of taking penicillin, or if your one of those types you can try the power of prayer. You could likewise try praying yourself to work in the morning as apposed to driving or shaking your cross at your computer to make it run. I suspect that to you these analogies seem inconsistent because you want your computer, you want your car, and you want penicillin but you LOVE Wikipedia because you just don’t want to be wrong.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote