Thread: OUCH!!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2003, 08:41 PM   #11
vedic

vedic is on a distinguished road
There are "chaotic" Player Killing rooms within Materia Magica that will cause one to drop some of their currently worn equipment in their corpse, should they be slain in combat in that specific room.

Some players do camp some areas occasionally and will attack others who enter, then sell them their equipment back for a profit. This happens on any game with PK, I'd wager. Sometimes that "profit" ends up being a donation, but it's entirely up to the character and is not necessary.

I don't think there is a distinction between trading donation items for a PKed set of items off a character or trading other things, such as gold or objects, for the PKed object.. The fact is, the PK rooms are clearly marked within the game, and you don't really need to go into them in order to play the game - if there's equipment you need from an area with lots of those PK rooms there's usually braver souls willing to barter for it. Whether or not we offer donation items is irrelevant, because if you lose the items in PK, you lose the items and the person could trade them back to you for in-game items as well.

I also think this is somewhat rare, definitely more so than a "normal" donation, and I don't feel it's fair to point it out as a "flaw in the donation system" when it really has nothing to do with it.
vedic is offline   Reply With Quote