View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 02:50 AM   #15
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Creating a consistent world out of the zones from a number of different Builders is usually a job for the Head Builder, not the individual Builder - and sometimes a tough task.

There are however several ways in which the individual builder can help in achieving this impression. For example by taking care that the connection between their own zone and the main world is as seemless as possible. Or by adding references to other parts of the world to their descs, using mobs or objects from other zones in a quest, or something as simple as making a lookout place, from where you see the surrounding zones.

This is one of the reasons why the best zones and quests are usually created by good players, who know the world they play in inside out.

An apology to the list:  :-)
Sorry about the double posting on this quote. I thought I had pasted this comment into the first one, but I obviously must  have screwed up somehow. It was around 3 AM in my country by then, so I forgot to check it too before logging out.

Anyhow, since the post had already been commented on, I found it more correct to make a new post for this part, rather than just editing the first one.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote