Thread: Good Builders?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2002, 06:26 PM   #6
melopene

melopene is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to melopene
Ooo, ooo, details.

Dave. Dave can do more than paint a portrait with his words, he can make digital video. There are quite honestly times when his descriptions scare me, because they're just that vivid and beautiful.. or grotesque, in some cases. And he's flexible. He can go from making a village to an island to a forest to a mountain to a dungeon. Anything I ask him for, he can do.

And he does it so quickly. He often comes to me and says, 'give me 25 rooms, I have 3 hours, I'll make something.' And make he does. Rooms with twelve or more lines per room (ten, he says, is a compromise for when he doesn't feel creative). Mobs that have elaborate descs, and mob progs that make you wish you really could be in the area.

And he does it all for me, just because. He started out with a team project on a city, and he managed to finish a quarter of the city in a night.. and it's by far the most wonderful quarter of the city. His talents as far as writing far exceed my own, and one of these days, if I'm not careful, he'll pick up that 'head builder' slot out from under me.

Melly
melopene is offline   Reply With Quote