View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #16
Disillusionist

Disillusionist will become famous soon enough
Re: Deck Chairs on the Titanic

I'm not sure which part of this is the funniest, and which is the saddest:

"I stopped playing a game because of one such player. Not a group of players, but a single player. I was not the only one who stopped playing because of it and because of the apparent lack of action on the part of staff to curtail the player's behavior. It was only after they were banned I played again, but it wasn't the same. Something essential had already been lost at that point."

So, the staff in question did get rid of the player, but...your trust in them was damaged after the fact for not doing it sooner? It sounds like a matter of timing, and staff laxity. Did you write to them asking the player to be banned? Did you and the others who stopped playing let them know this was a consequence of that laxity?

"It was pretty sad, really. Staff disliked this player greatly and yet this person still ran the show. Such is the power of manipulation."

So, this staff made their great dislike known to the playerbase, and also that their hands were tied while he ran the show? Am I the only one who finds the idea of staff discussing with players their personal likes and dislikes of players highly unprofessional? I don't blame you for leaving, not one bit. This type of infantile gossiping, deriding a player while still doing the massive game-destroying harm sounds incredibly inept.

"What was even sadder was this person saw a group of what they perceived to be 'favored' individuals and set out to 'destroy' them. A shame the so-called 'favored' group of players could not 'force' staff to get rid of one causing so much angst and dissent in the game. I guess they weren't so favored after all."

I guess on final analysis, perhaps they were? They remained, he was gone? Or, despite the fact that this was the outcome, you still perceive the banned player as ...favored as well as intensely disliked? I'd be curious as to some of the precise details, actually. What caused the 'perception' of favoritism? Was the banned player's biggest offense that he pointed fingers for his perception of it? How did he go about attempting to 'destroy' the so-called favored group?
Disillusionist is offline   Reply With Quote