View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #17
ArchPrime

Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
ArchPrime is on a distinguished road
Re: Learning Programing

Camlorn,

Those links are pretty old. The EVE link is from 2008 -- and EVE is still around, and is single instance/shard/game world/whatever you want to technically call it. You know what I mean by that so stop trying to muddy it up. It doesn't matter what language CCP chose to implement EVE, they would still need to run their game over a multitude of servers in order to meet their goals.

Your link to the memory article hardly states "python is a memory hog". While it does provide some nifty bits of information, there is hardly anything in there that should dissuade the use of python for js_wilson's purposes.

I get that you're attempting to point out that "python may be a problem/slow/memory hog", but that's really not giving js_wilson much insight on what to do next. Quite frankly, I'll be very happy when js_wilson comes back here and writes something about how his dynamic descriptions are too slow and he needs help fixing that -- because that will mean he's gotten quite far on his project and has enough users on his game to actually start hitting performance boundaries.
ArchPrime is offline   Reply With Quote