View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 08:29 PM   #15
shadowfyr

shadowfyr will become famous soon enough
Re: A player's perspective

You do yes, but I presume we are talking about a more generic solution for "all" muds, not just the ones that can afford to do that.

True, but I am not sure that's going to work. And I can think of some cases, like puzzles, where text... quite frankly sucks at getting the point across that well. lol

Again. This presumes you are only using it in "some" places. Sure. That may be the case, but my own opinion is that its not going to work that well. There is a reason why things like Space Quest buried games like the original "Adventure", and it wasn't just how complex the stories where. Just saying, why not aim for something that has more options, instead of aiming for the lowest target, only to discover that there wasn't actually one that low? lol Seems like, to me, some people can be such purists about keeping things text that they may sometimes lose sight of basic reality, kind of like movie producers that thought talkies where a fad, or some TV companies that didn't think anyone would actually *want* to buy an expensive color TV, so where still making B&W shows at a point where more and more people where buying color TVs.

Your idea is interesting, just not sure how well it would work. It kind of presumes the, "Wow! I like the picture on the cover!", theory of getting people to buy a book, only in this case, you may be doing the equivalent of arguing that Grey's Anatomy, might work better if it was written, instead of illustrated. Well, OK, perhaps not *that* extreme, but I think you get what I mean.
shadowfyr is offline   Reply With Quote