View Single Post
Old 07-16-2002, 02:58 PM   #6
Chapel

Chapel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Chapel Send a message via AIM to Chapel Send a message via MSN to Chapel
Angry

Well... -inserts evil grin here-

I think one of the main ways to establishing self contained player RP/social order is to make PK more defined. Not defined as in "let me make rules for every itty bitty thing and discourage killing so my morts can rule and so the whiny brats can rule", but defined as in the possibilities. Why you ask?

Well...

It happens far too often, be the players mature or young, that social discussions and situations lead to boosted ego and things of that sort. If the threat of PK were behind each and every conversation, then people would be more aware of what they did/said, and eventually a social order would develop. When the whining starts (oh and it will), the immortals should turn their backs and go fishing. (unless a bug was abused)

Once this social order is in tact, then roleplay becomes limitless. From simple tasks such as rally a mob to beat a local bully, to complex scenes of intrigue such as overthrowing an evil Duke. If your MUD has a craft system like Daedal, then you can do what they do and build entire clans of craftsmen that will either cheat...or favor people as they peddle their goods.

Once you get the social order in tact, it is almost impossible NOT to find roleplay for your character. The immortals just need to take their fingers out of the pie and let it cool a bit.

Chapel is offline   Reply With Quote